5 Checklist for Hiring the Right eCommerce Development Agency
Hiring the right eCommerce website development agency can be a game-changer for your business. They can help you to grow your business. And If you hire the wrong developer, you’ll face losses in your business. They’ll also cause drawbacks. With the right E-commerce Website development Agency, they can help you reach your full potential in the digital space.
So, below mentions 5 checks you should consider before hiring an E-commerce Development Agency:
1. Does the E-commerce development agency understand your business goals?
Before hiring, it’s important that you write down what your business goal is. What are your needs/desires and pain points are. What is your target audience and what is your target revenue? Make sure you know what your USP is.
Both you and the E-commerce Development Agency should be on the same page.
Share your goal with the potential E-commerce Agency and see if they match.
2. Make sure they are E-commerce website building experts
It’s a given that a web development agency must know how to build sustainable, profitable, and scalable websites as well as know the essential elements of building effective E-Commerce websites. Unfortunately, most E-commerce websites look remarkably unappealing which is why we are addressing this topic today.
3. Check Their Expertise
- Check the E-commerce Agency’s portfolio on their website and clutch. All major agencies upload their profiles on Clutch or their Website. Like
- Check their Testimonial (both Positive and Negative). It’s possible that not all will put up positive reviews so it’s also important to check how the agency responds to their Negative reviews.
- Check their previous clients and their case study. Check their problem-solving history. Ask for a case study that the Agency delivered that is similar to your own requirements.
- The Agency must be good at Customising. Ask for the complex tasks that they have completed to make the user’s journey smoother and faster.
4. Contact at least Five E-commerce Web Development Agencies
Before going ahead and confirming with an E-commerce Development Agency, please always do your research and have a check with a few other Development Agencies.
Compare their Communication, Problem Solving Approach, Past Case studies, Quote, and proposals for building your E-commerce website. This is mandatory as you will know if someone is overcharging. Also, checking with others gives you a better picture of where you are headed. Speaking to multiple Agencies removes blind spots.
5. Check the complete Proposal before moving Ahead
- Do they understand your business needs?
- Are you getting a generic proposal or did they customize your proposal for your firm’s specific needs? During the sales process, ask about all the details related to customization and ensure that you have been made aware of the cost implications.
- Check deliverable time and if it suits you. It should not take forever to complete.
- Do they make you feel like a partner? End of the day, it’s the both of you doing business. Perhaps with the possibility of further business later.
- Do they propose innovative solutions based on your needs/desires and pain points?
- Make sure they have a well-organized team structure.
- Check the cost and compare it with other Agencies. Make sure they charge you correctly.
- What is the Development process from payment to handover? Be sure to know the entire process.
- Check which Project Management Software is being used so you can collaborate with their team and be updated with each step of the project moving.
Ex: We at MS Webdesigner use Asana for client project management.
- After Sales Support is necessary and must be provided in case any issues come up. They must provide Two to Three months of support.
- Timeframes must be made in segmented forms so that you know you are running on time.
- Apart from after-sales support, maintenance support should also be provided as add-on Services. Ask the Agency if they have a Shopify maintenance package.
- Dedicated Project managers are your one-point contact for your project. Make sure you have someone who will be this point of contact. We at MS Web Designer assign one Dedicated Project Manager for each project.
- Website Launch Manager is another manager who should be there with regards to anything launch and post launch related. They have all the expertise with regard to launching your eCommerce Website. We at MS Web Designer, assign a Dedicated Launch Manager to each project’s launch so that you can be sure to have the smoothest experience possible and be assured of a successful website launch.
- What is the Agency’s Core Value and Mission?
- Communication Skills must be observed. Are they confident about all they are doing? Their professional attitude over email writing or call.
As an entrepreneur and an eCommerce website development agency owner, we follow these steps ourselves for our clients to make eCommerce better for everyone.
If you want quality people around you when building your E-commerce website, connect with Shopify Development Agency which is cost-effective and treats you as a partner along with all of the pointers mentioned above.
When hiring an eCommerce website development agency for your eCommerce Website Development, always go for a trusted expert. Feel free to check on, experts.shopify.com, upwork.com, or clutch.co to get in touch with the right people.
Creating your own E-commerce Website can sometimes get complex and having an Expert involved is advised. For any queries, feel free to connect with us at email@example.com.
We have helped more than 1500 + International Brands including Fortune 500 Companies to set up and scale up their online businesses.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.